- It takes a hell of a lot longer to write a book than it does to read it (It took you six months to write a book it has taken me six days to read – think about that)
- You get none of the glory given to musicians, painters, actors and the like.
- When you tell people you’re a poet, they respond with ‘Really? I write poetry too!’ (more ranting about that in a future post)
- When you announce that you are going to be a writer, people immediately start to wonder where the money is going to come from – ‘Errr…from…writing?
- You get odd requests for assistance with cover letters, essays, prayer books etc, even though what you write is horror.